Txxx Custom Thinline '72 Partscaster - 2022
Free express shipping in Australia.
Worldwide shipping available
Pickup currently unavailable
Every now and then we get some wonderful Partscasters through the door at Premier Guitars - and this one is certainly a goodie. Expertly assembled by a professional and well respected luthier, this guitar is good to go, ready for action!
Some of this guitar-building activity has been motivated by the fact that unless you’re in a big city, you may have some challenges finding the right Custom Shop Telecaster with just the right specs….until you realise that you can actually build it yourself!
This is a fabulous 70s style Txxx Thinline ‘Partscaster’ in beautiful Sunburst created from genuine Fender USA components. Of course, it plays brilliantly and sounds great.
Weight is 2.92kg / 6.44lbs
When you add up the $$$ plus Aussie GST + import duty + shipping, it actually comes to an amount similar to a (second hand) Fender Custom Shop guitar. Except it was built specifically to the owner’s requirements, and it’s pretty much new. So, this thing is an incredible deal!
- Sunburst double bound Telecaster Thinline body, Alder with beautiful flame Maple top.
- Fender “American Vintage II” 1977 Telecaster Custom 1-piece Maple neck, 7.25 inch radius fingerboard.
- Fender “American Series” Micro-Tilt neck adjustment and matching 4-bolt neck plate (similar to the Fender Eric Clapton Stratocaster).
- Fender CuNiFe Wide Range Humbucker pickup in the neck position.
- Fender American Vintage Telecaster single coil bridge pickup.
- Fender vintage 6 saddle Telecaster bridge (as per a Fender 1972 Telecaster Custom).
- 2 x Volume and 2 x Tone controls with Fender black “witches hat” knobs (as per a Fender 1972 Telecaster Deluxe).
- Highest quality CTS “450 series” 275k pots for the Volume and Tone on the Bridge pickup and 1 Meg pots for the Wide Range Humbucker. Pots supplied by Armstrong Music in the UK.
- Customised White Pearloid pickguard computer-designed and CNC cut by David Fletcher of Fletcher Handcrafted Guitars: the upper bout pays homage to the form of a 1969 Thinline; the lower bout is a recreation of a 1972 Telecaster Deluxe (with the addition of the switch position of a Thinline); and the area around the bridge is a recreation of a 1972 Telecaster Custom (allowing for the future installation of a Mastery MBDC plate, Mastery M1 Bridge and Bigsby B5 Vibrato, if desired).
- Fender black hardshell case with amp logo.
- This special guitar is a Thinline with a 1972 Telecaster Custom pickup arrangement and 1972 Telecaster Deluxe 2 x Volume and 2 x Tone controls, together with the 3-way switch in the same position as a Telecaster Thinline.