SOLD - Martin HD-28 - USA 2006
Free express shipping in Australia.
Worldwide shipping available
Pickup currently unavailable
'Classic herringbone, East Indian rosewood, ebony and spruce in the shape that started it all: the Dreadnought. Paired with our most comfortable neck, vintage appointments, scalloped, forward-shifted bracing, and a lifetime warranty. Powerful bottom end, rich tone, and strums that will fill the room—music history made new.'
Over the past 100 + years, the Martin dreadnought has helped define what an acoustic guitar can and should be, and subsequently, it has become one of the most popular acoustic guitar designs in the world.
And the HD-28 is a certified classic – one of the great Martin models, popularised and used by a long list of big name artists in every genre of music.
This one shows little player wear, the frets are in good shape, truss rod is working properly and it has been set up well. There are no cracks, splits or major blemishes – just some light swirling on the pickguard.
The guitar is structurally sound and it appears to have had no changes or modifications since new. No pickup on this one, and the end pin has never been installed.
It plays well with a nice low action, and it has that big spacious HD-28 sound - well balanced with warm low end, punchy midrange and articulate treble. One of the better Martin dreadnoughts we have played!
Comes in its original Martin hard shell case in excellent condition.
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- BRACING PATTERN: X Brace
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- BRACE MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- BRACE SIZE: 5/16"
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: Zig-Zag
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- BINDING: White
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Bold Herringbone
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Low Profile
- NECK TAPER: Standard Taper
- PLEK: Yes
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Script Overlay
- HEELCAP: White
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8''
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Mother of Pearl
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: Style 28
- SIDE DOTS: White
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- TOP COLOR: Clear
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16''
- TUNING MACHINES: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- PICKGUARD: Faux TortoisE