SOLD - Gibson Custom Shop '59 Les Paul Standard R/I w Brazilian Rosewood - USA 2018
Pickup currently unavailable
From Gibson –
“1959 is widely considered to be the pinnacle year for Gibson's mid-century solid body electric guitars, and no 1959 Gibson model is more famous than the sunburst Les Paul Standard.
At first a commercial failure, the model was eventually adopted by some the world's greatest guitarists – Jimmy Page, Duane Allman, Mike Bloomfield, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, and Billy Gibbons, to name a few.
The rarity and celebrity association of the model has pushed the values of original examples into the stratosphere.
Gibson Custom's 1959 Les Paul Standard is a painstakingly-accurate replica of these highly-valuable guitars rendered in detail so intricate that even the chemical composition of the parts has been scientifically examined and re-engineered – and that's just one small example.
Sonically, visually, and tactilely, owning a 2018 Gibson Custom '59 Les Paul Standard is as close as one can get to owning a priceless original.”
- Model: Les Paul Standard 1959 Historic
- Finish: Antiquity Burst, VOS nitro lacquer
- Top: Flamed maple, with binding
- Body: Lightweight Solid Mahogany
- Neck: One-piece mahogany, hide-glue neck construction, and historic long neck tenon
- Neck Profile: Authentic '59 medium C-Shape neck
- Fretboard: Brazilian rosewood, 22 frets, medium jumbo
- 24.75" scale
- 12” radius
- Nut: Nylon, 1.6875” width
- Fret Inlays: Pearloid trapezoid
- Hardware: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic with stoptail
- Tuners: Kluson deluxe vintage
- Pickups: Gibson Custom Bucker PAF reproduction bass & treble humbuckers
- Toggle Cover Plate: Gibson Custom engraved
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way switch
- CTS Pots & Bumble Bee Caps
- Weight: 8.49 lbs
- Serial # 9 81xx
This '59 Les Paul Standard Reissue presents super high quality fit, finish, attention to detail, faultless flame top, AND that is one of the lighter unchambered Les Pauls you will ever find at under 8.49lbs!
It made its way to Australia a couple of years ago and has been in a collection - never left the house.
One of the most attractive features about this guitar is the gorgeous Brazilian rosewood fretboard, which we know are super rare these days - you will not find another one of these in Australia simply due to customs/import laws, so this just adds to this guitars seriously impressive features.
It is in perfect, unplayed VOS (Vintage Original Spec) condition with no actual player wear to report. The neck is straight, with no cracks or repairs. The frets are unworn with their entire life ahead of them. The action is fast and smooth - it is an exceptional guitar to play. The pickups on this one are rich in tone, harmonically complex and well balanced.
This is a fantastic, lightweight Custom Shop Les Paul, with a beautiful bookmatched flame maple top and accurate artistry uniquely created by Gibson Custom Shop. From plastics using the original vintage spec material, to the carving of tops and necks to ensure vintage accurate profiles and dishing, these reissues are about as close as it gets to owning a real vintage instrument.
Comes in its Gibson brown hard shell case in as new condition, with Gibson Custom Certificate of Authenticity, tags & paperwork.