SOLD - Fender Vintage Hot Rod ‘57 Stratocaster - USA 2007
Free express shipping in Australia.
Worldwide shipping available
Pickup currently unavailable
‘The Fender Vintage Hot Rod ’57 Stratocaster preserves the original vintage Fender feel and tone while adding a modern hot rod modification in the form of a high-output DiMarzio Tone Zone to achieve humbucking crunch and sustain necessary for today’s aggressive rock sounds.
There’s nothing new to speak about when looking at the contoured body as it’s a recreation of the 1957 one-piece Alder body. But the next difference you’ll notice is a slight modification of the neck compared to the original ’57 Strat. The Hot Rod ’57 features a modified one-piece maple neck and fingerboard measuring a 9.5” radius providing a flatter/softer V-shape, a satin finish on the back of the neck, and uninhibited movement across the twenty-one medium jumbo frets.
The highlight of the Vintage Hot Rod ’57 Stratocaster is found within the pickups of the guitar. The dual coil (single coil dimension) DiMarzio Tone Zone located in the bridge position provides all the gain and sustain characteristics of a humbucker pickup while the middle and neck positions contain Fender Somarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups that maintain the tonal characteristics of an original Stratocaster – without that annoying hum.’
- Series: American Vintage Hot Rod Series
- Body: Comfort contoured Alder body
- Colour: Candy Apple Red
- Neck: One-piece maple, slimmed and softened "v" shape, satin back (nitrocellulose lacquer finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" radius (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21 medium jumbo
- Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Fender/Gotoh® vintage-style tuning machines
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 1-ply White, (8-hole)
- Pickups: Parallel SCN (neck), SCN (mid) DiMarzio® Tone Zone™ (bridge)
- Controls: Master volume, tone 1 (neck pickup), tone 2 (bridge pickup)
- Pickup switching: 5-Position Blade
This Fender Vintage Hot Rod ‘57 Stratocaster is in excellent condition. It has nearly no evidence of use – not even any pick wear on the guard, no noticeable fret wear, the metal parts are untarnished, and everything works as it should. And it plays & sounds like the definitive Fender classic it was built to celebrate.
Comes in its original Fender hard-shell case.