SOLD - Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition '50s Thinline Relic Telecaster – USA 2018
Free express shipping in Australia.
Worldwide shipping available
Pickup currently unavailable
This Fender Custom Shop 50s Telecaster Thinline is a Limited Edition model, made for the NAMM show of 2018. This guitar was selected from a larger batch of Custom Shop guitars for its superior sound, fabulous feel and stunning looks.
The comfortable soft "V" shape maple neck and wonderfully resonant ash semi-hollow body make this guitar a breeze to play. The instrument is finished with Aged Vintage Blonde nitro lacquer, which enhances the looks of grain of the ash body. The Journeyman Relic aging level makes it look and feel like a used but not abused vintage beauty.
Soundwise, the handwound Twisted Tele neck pickup and handwound Broadcaster bridge pickup provide great articulation and richness of sound, offering old school Tele twang in the bridge position, and an added dash of Strat-like sparkle in the neck position.
The hint of acoustic-like transparency from the semi-hollow body and the tight, percussive attacks that the quartersawn maple neck delivers, make this a very special sounding guitar that could be a great workhorse in a lot of different genres.
- Body Wood: 2-Piece Ash, Hollow Body with F Hole
- Finish: Aged Blonde Lacquer, Journeyman Relic
- Neck Wood: 5/4 Quartersawn Maple, Relic Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 57 Style Soft "V",
- Fretboard Wood: Maple grade AAA
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" radius
- Frets: 6105 Frets
- Neck Pickup: Handwound Twisted Tele Neck Pickup
- Bridge Pickup: Handwound Broadcaster Bridge Pickup
- Electronics: Modern Tele Wiring with Greasebucket
- Hardware: Tele 51-54 Style, Engraved Limited Edition Nek Plate
- Pickguard: '50s Thinline Parch Relic
This is definitely one of the better Custom Shop Teles we have listed here at PREMIER GUITARS.
At only 6.10 lbs this is one of the lightest and most responsive Teles we have ever come across – it’s a tone monster. The aged relic finish is really attractive in the way that it allows the lovely ash wood grain to show through.
And sonically this '50s Thinline Relic Telecaster certainly delivers the goods in every way.
Comes in its original tweed Fender Custom Shop case with strap, lots of case candy, ashtray bridge cover, plus Certificate of Authenticity, and Limited Edition Certificate.
Video demo of same model - https://youtu.be/gOs9On0ciBU