SOLD - Fender Custom Shop 50s Telecaster - USA 1998
Pickup currently unavailable
This is one of the most interesting Telecasters we have in store at Premier Guitars. A number of significant modifications have made this a beautiful and unique piece. It started life in 1998 as an already high-end Fender Custom Shop 50s Telecaster. Since then, the guitar has been placed in the hands of master craftsman Frank Grubisa, who transformed the body of the instrument by adding a quilted maple cap to the front and back with front and rear white binding and a stunning sunburst finish.
- Neck: One Piece Figured Maple – medium C profile
- Body: Lightweight Ash with Highly Figured Book Matched Maple Top and Back with Binding
- Fingerboard: Maple (9.5″ Radius)
- No. of Frets: 21 Medium
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Width Nut: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Nickel Fender Deluxe Kluson Style
- Bridge: Fender ‘Pat Pend’ 50’s Tele with 3 Brass Saddles
- Pickguard: 3 Ply Laminated Pickguard
- Pickups: 2 x Fender Custom Shop Nocaster Pickups
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Selector Switch
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone Control
- Colour: Sunburst Over Quilted Maple
- Case: Lacquered Tweed
The profile of the neck is a medium C shape, with a 9.5” radius The back of the neck displays high grade birdseye maple figuring which extends up through the headstock. The fretboard is rosewood with medium frets and silky smooth fret finishing with comfortable rolled edges, giving the feel of a nicely worn in vintage neck.
Here at PREMIER GUITARS, we have listed many guitars which have been worked on by Frank Grubisa and they all share a number of attributes – the workmanship is of the highest quality, the attention to detail is amazing, and the result is always that the instrument plays and sounds remarkably better than in its original form. We take a little pleasure every time we make note of a listing at PREMIER GUITARS having been “Grubisa’d”.
Comes in its original Fender Custom Shop hard-shell case with all case candy.