From Fender –
“The standard for gigging guitarists worldwide and the ideal amp for crafting your own signature sound. Working guitarists everywhere prize no-frills Hot Rod amps for their great volume, reliability, responsiveness to effects pedals, and affordability. The Blues Junior is a longtime 15-watt favourite with warm tone ideal for the go-anywhere guitarist who needs to hit the stage or studio at a moment's notice, with great sound and versatile features. It's got the fat mid tones characteristic of EL84 output tubes, warm 12AX7 preamp tube overdrive, real spring Reverb, simple control layout, footswitchable FAT boost, and external speaker capability.”
Fender’s Blues Junior amp has been a favourite with guitarists since its inception in 1990. This one dates to 2007 when it was bought new by its one owner.
- single-channel 15-watt all-tube amplifier
- one 12-inch, 50-watt, 8-ohm driver - model varies with edition
- Fender spring reverb (driven by a solid-state op amp)
- Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls
- "Fat" pushbutton switch boosts gain and midrange frequencies in preamp stage
- independent preamp and master gain controls for tube overdrive management
- "chicken head" vintage styled control knobs
- three matched Groove Tubes 12AX7 preamp tubes (graded to Fender's specifications)
- two matched Groove Tubes EL84 power tubes (graded to Fender's specifications)
- fixed power tube bias
- solid-state rectifier
- single 1/4-inch input jack
This one is very good condition. Some light tarnishing on the metal top panel is apparent. But apart from that, not much wear is visible. The tolex & grill cloth are in excellent shape.
Although they may differ in their external visual aesthetic, all variants of the Blues Junior for a given year are produced with the same electronics, apart from the speaker/driver. Limited editions may use varying speaker models, but this one is equipped with its original Fender branded (Eminence) 12” which sounds great.
Fender Blues Jr amps have been super popular since they arrived on the scene in the mid 1990s. This is because they deliver in every way – sparking Fender cleans, thick crunchy tones when pushed a little, and searing lead tone when dialled up. They are affordable and built to last.
This is a fab little tube amp. Great for recording, rehearsals, club gigs, or just playing at home, this is the perfect small Fender amp with big classic Fender tone.