SOLD - Deering Golden Era Banjo - USA 2008
Pickup currently unavailable
The Deering Golden Era Banjo is a high-end five-string banjo produced by Deering Banjo Company, a prominent American manufacturer of banjos. The Golden Era model was first introduced in 1996 and has since become a favourite of bluegrass players and enthusiasts for its vintage-inspired design and exceptional sound quality.
Here are the specs for the Deering Golden Era Banjo :
- Body: Three-ply maple rim, Deering-06 bell bronze tone ring, one-piece flange, and resonator
- Neck: Mahogany with a soft V profile, two-way adjustable truss rod
- Fingerboard: Ebony with 22 frets, engraved Golden Era inlay pattern
- Scale length: 26 1/4"
- Nut width: 1 1/4"
- Bridge: Deering Smile bridge
- Tailpiece: Deering Deluxe tailpiece
- Tuners: Deering planetary banjo tuners with geared fifth peg
- Finish: High-gloss natural finish
- Case: Deering Hardshell case included
The Golden Era Banjo is known for its warm, well-balanced tone, thanks to its high-quality materials and expert craftsmanship. The Deering-06 bell bronze tone ring is a key feature of the Golden Era model, and it is designed to produce a bright and powerful tone with excellent sustain. The soft V profile of the neck is comfortable to play, and the ebony fingerboard is smooth and responsive.
The Golden Era Banjo also features vintage-inspired details like the engraved Golden Era inlay pattern on the fingerboard and the high-gloss natural finish on the body. The Deering Smile bridge is a unique design that is intended to enhance the clarity and projection of the banjo's sound.
Overall, the Deering Golden Era Banjo 2008 is a top-of-the-line instrument that is perfect for serious bluegrass players and collectors alike. Its exceptional sound quality, vintage-inspired design, and high-end features make it a standout instrument that will be appreciated by musicians and banjo enthusiasts for years to come.