In the late 1960s, St. Louis Music's founder, Gene Kornblum, met Kazuo Yairi, a Master Luthier in Japan who produced handmade concert classical guitars. Together, St. Louis Music and the Yairi factory started to design and develop steel string acoustic guitars and imported them into the USA. The guitars took the brand name of St. Louis Music's Spanish guitar line 'Alvarez'.
'The stunning MDA66SHB dreadnought offers simply incredible craftsmanship, tone and beauty. Our flawless Shadowburst finish looks fantastic over the solid mahogany top and the hand-crafted Paua abalone purfling frames the body beautifully.'
- Top Wood Solid African Mahogany
- Body Finish Shadowburst/Gloss
- Back and Sides Wood Solid African Mahogany
- Shape Dreadnought
- Neck One piece mahogany, 50/50 Semi gloss finish
- Bridge Bi-Level Indian Laurel/Rosewood
- Inlays Paua Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Indian Laurel, 12th Fret Inlay
- Purfling 1.5mm Paua Abalone
- Headstock Plate Rosewood
- Nut and Saddle Real Bone
- Tuner Premium Die Cast Gold w/Ebony Buttons
- Binding Acacia
- Bridge Pins Ebony
- Bracing Systems FS6 Forward Shifted, Tapered Tone Bars
- Neck Joint Dovetail
- Neck Meets Body 14th Fret
- Number of Frets 21
This guitar is in excellent, virtually new condition. It has been played in a home environment since being bought. It has had no changes, modifications or repairs and presents as a beautifully made, robust instrument with an open, warm voice.
This guitar plays beautifully, and once you begin playing, it's really is difficult to put back down. The Alvarez MDA66SHB has so many great qualities with the added benefit of being an extremely affordable guitar; a quality instrument that won't break the bank.
The Alvarez comes in its original hard shell case in near new condition.