Vintage Harmony Silvertone 1448 with 'Amp-in-Case' - USA Mid 1960s
Free express shipping in Australia.
Worldwide shipping available
Pickup currently unavailable
The Silvertone 1448 is a vintage electric guitar produced by the Danelectro Company for the Sears, Roebuck, and Co. department store. It is part of the Silvertone 1448 "Amp-in-Case" series, which was known for its unique design that incorporated a small tube amplifier directly into the guitar case.
- Body Shape: Solid body, double cutaway
- Body Material: Laminated maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Pickups: Single-coil lipstick-style pickup
- Controls: Volume and tone knobs, pickup selector switch
- Bridge: Adjustable bridge with a floating wooden bridge base
- Tailpiece: Tremolo tailpiece
- Case: Hardshell case with an integrated tube amplifier
The Silvertone 1448 is highly regarded for its unique vintage charm and distinctive tone. The lipstick pickup, combined with the tube amplifier, produces a warm, gritty, and vintage-sounding tone. The compact tube amplifier in the case provides a convenient and portable amplification solution for practicing or small gigs.
This guitar was bought by its current owner in Buffalo, New York many moons ago and presents in great condition. We believe the guitar to be all original and it has been serviced by Jeff Krumm from Savage Amps. The Silvertone plays well, and through the case amp, has a distinct sound that we here at PG reckon rocks! Of course the guitar can be played through any amp the player chooses.
A really fun, unique piece of guitar history that will make you stand out from the crowd - a real head turner.