The Fender Deluxe Amp dates back as far as 1946 when it was known as the Model 26. Like most Fender amps, the Deluxe evolved cosmetically throughout the ’50s and ’60s, and used the Brownface style from 1961 to 1963. The Deluxe was eventually supplanted by the Deluxe Reverb starting in late 1963.
The Fender Deluxe Brownface is a 20-watt legend used in countless recordings and renowned for its natural clarity. This model incorporates a 6V6 power amp section which produces a nice amount of headroom that pedal enthusiasts can appreciate. The Deluxe also has a cleaner but still deep vibrato thanks to having one less gain stage. A recording favourite among players for its immediate presence in a mix, this is the definition of Fender tone.
This particular Deluxe has had some work done, as follows –
- It has a top quality Mercury Magnetics 240 volt power transformer
- Vintage spec Mercury Magnetics ToneClone output transformer
- New pots in all positions on the input plate
- New output sockets on the back plate
- Some new capacitors and general solder work to rectify dry joints
- New vintage correct faceplate
- 2 replacement rear body panels
- Jensen C12 speaker
- New vintage spec leather carry handle
The body and chassis are original, but the electronics required some work to get it to sing like a vintage Fender Brownface Deluxe should – and it does.
The original chassis in in good structural condition and the lovely brown tolex and front grille are in remarkably good shape as well.
But the best thing about this one is that classic vintage Brownface Fender tone. The sparkle, clarity and authentic classic tone that is characteristic of Fender’s Brownface period is something quite unique.
Comes with a quality tremolo footswitch.