From Tech 21 –
The Tech21 Fly Rig 5 is an exceptional electric guitar effect pedal and a brilliant concept for space-saving pedal board rigs. In fact this could be your pedal board rig that you just unpack from your guitar case, plug in and you have real tone and options at your feet. The Sansamp section delivers a smooth cleans with reverb options and a very responsive feel. Hit the boost in the Plexi section and you have sweet, punchy Marshall-like tones, hit the drive and you have a huge palette of crunchy lead sounds. The DLA sections delivers a very usable delay and echo like effect with repeats, drift and time control.
- SansAmp – tube amplifier emulator is pre-voiced for clean tones. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level, and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
- Reverb – within the SansAmp section, is based upon the Boost RVB pedal. It emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
- Plexi – based upon the Hot-Rod Plexi pedal, brings in the organic distortion of a stock ‘68 Plexi and includes Level, Tone and Drive controls.
- Hot – within the Plexi section, kicks in up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. It can be used independently to boost the SansAmp and/or DLA functions, as well as on its own to boost the gain of your amp.
- DLA is based upon the Boost DLA pedal. It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures. A dedicated Tap Tempo switch makes it super simple to just tap in the delay tempo you want during your performance.
- All analog signal path. Reverb and delay are mixed in parallel.
- All metal housing in gunmetal finish.
- Metal footswitches and jacks.
- 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
- 1/4-inch low impedance output.
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
This Tech21 Fly Rig 5 is brand new, and it has not been used. It was bought earlier in 2018, but the owner had a sudden relocation overseas, and it simply did not figure in the mix of his new life. It is still in its metal packing box with its original cellophane wrapping, 240v power supply and instruction manual, along with its retail price tag of $649.
So at this price it’s a pretty economical way of securing 3 great pedals in a super compact package that works brilliantly, and sounds as good as everything made by the folks at Tech21.