From Swart USA –
If only words could actually convey sound fully - they always fall short to some extent. And that's where we stand with the Space Tone Atomic Jr, the latest amazing, soulful little amp from the hands of Michael Swart.
The new ST-Atomic Jr starts off with the heart of our ever-popular ST-6V6se with the addition of a year in the making, triode reverb stage utilising a dedicated 12DW7 fed into a nifty spring tank for surprisingly BIG REVERB, especially for a cabinet this size. Actually, for ANY size cabinet.
The tonal variations and REVERB in this little monster must be be heard to be believed. Most amps this size attempting reverb and big tone tend to be underwhelming. Not so with the Class A ST-Atomic Jr.
- 5W CLASS A ~ JUST INSANELY BIG TONE with Reverb
- Single-Ended Output - Zero Negative Feedback
- 100% Tube Circuit - GZ34 or 5Y3 Valve Rectifier
- Big Swart Tube Reverb via 12DW7 & Spring Tank
- Hot and Clean mode Switch Powered by choice of 6V6 or 6L6 (shod w/6V6)
- JJ 12AX7 - JJ 12DW7 - JJ 6V6GT - JJ GZ34 Rectifier
- Point to Point Hand Wired Circuit
- Cathode Biased (no need to bias)
- Carbon Comp Resistors ~ Mallory Caps
- Cloth Hook-Up Wire
- Heaters referenced to ground
- All Swart Amplifiers employ Star Grounding
- 4 ohm 1/4" Out - Drive other Speaker/Cabinet
- Switchcraft 1/4 inch input and output
- CTS Potentiometers
- Custom High Quality USA Built Swart Spec Iron
- Speaker: 8" Weber Signature ~ 4 ohm
- Finger-Jointed, solid Pine Cab w/ Lacquer Tweed Cover
- Vintage Jewel Lamp ~ Circuit Fuse Protected
- Dimensions: 13 3/4T x 13W x 7 1/4 D @ 14lbs
The circuit remains amazingly simple, including the reverb stage, and features volume, tone, and Swart's patented "Space" reverb.
There is a cool switchable gain option in place of the 6V6 feedback switch. When in circuit, the amp has more cleans and take a bit longer to break up. It's a slightly more controlled result. Flip it out of circuit and you have slightly less compression with a more raw edge, quicker to get into the fun stuff.
Like all Swart amps, the circuit is point to point, hand-wired and cathode biased with no need to mess with bias adjustments when changing tubes.
The Atomic Jr has two driver/preamp tubes comprised of one 12AX7 and one 12DW7 feeding either a 6V6 (stock) or a 6L6 family power tube. Swart also keeps the simple tone cut bringing the least complexity, integral in keeping touch sensitivity and transparency.
Of course, the Atomic Jr. relies on tube rectification for PS filtering with a JJ 5AR4/GZ-34 as stock with the ability to run a 5Y3 for more sag & compression, earlier breakup, and that Brown Sound if you want it.
This amp was bought new by its one owner in 2020. It has lived in his apartment & not left home since then. It presents absolutely as new, at a substantial discount to new or street price – if you can find one.
It is simply one of the best 5 watt Class A amps we’ve ever listed here a PREMIER GUITARS. It works in every way with lots of versatility available for those who like the subtle changes available via different tube selections.
Killer 5W Class A all tube circuit, fab Swart reverb, 6V6 or 6L6, tube rectified tonal bliss in a beautiful lightweight tweed package.
Comes in its Roqsolid cover in new condition along with detailed spec tag.