From PRS -
“A marriage of vintage feel with the company's modern design and appointments, the Paul Reed Smith McCarty 594 Electric Guitar brings the best of both worlds together in one pretty sweet package. Built on a sonic combination of PRS 58/15 LT (Low Turns) pickups with push/pull coil taps and individual volume/tone knobs, the 594 can go from a warm single-coil twang to a humbucking sear with a few easy twists. Infinitely playable thanks to the smooth PRS pattern neck, the real star of the show, of course, is the array of signature flamed tops for beauty to match the muscle.”
The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s gear and worm together (while “locking” over the worm to prevent slipping) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar with as little energy as possible being detracted. (The tuner functions identically to standard Phase III tuners for re-stringing. Set screws must NOT be adjusted outside of the PRS factory. Making any adjustments to this feature may cause the tuner to stop functioning properly.)
Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple
Back Wood: Mahogany
Number of Frets: 22
Scale Length: 24.594"
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Shape: Pattern Village
Neck Depth At The Nut: 28.5/32”
Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 1/4"
Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 11/16"
Fretboard Wood: Rosewood with Faux Bone Binding
Fretboard Inlay: Birds
Bridge: PRS Two-Piece
Tuners: Tweaked Phase III Locking Tuners
Hardware Type: Nickel
Treble Pickup: 58/15 LT
Bass Pickup: 58/15 LT
Controls: Two Volume and Two Push/Pull Tone Controls with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Switch on Upper Bout
This fabulous USA built 594 was bought new in Sydney in 2019 and is in pristine, virtually new condition. It has been meticulously looked after and presents with no visible player wear. It is balanced & comfortable, with lots of variety available in these pickups - sweet chimey chords and plenty of punch in these LT humbuckers to cut through when needed.
PRS are renowned for their quality control and attention to detail, and they don’t come much better than this, with a fabulous pattern in the maple top finished in stunning Yellow Tiger, and that wonderful one piece mahogany back.
Comes in its original PRS hard case in new condition, with tools, tags & paperwork.
Video demo from PRS - https://youtu.be/BHtpyZNCjdI