From Maton – “The Maton ukulele is the result of combining the best of traditional ukulele design with 21st century production techniques. This instrument draws on Maton’s extensive background in the use and fine tuning of Australian tonewoods to produce a tone which is rich, full and intriguing, and which evokes the timeless sounds of the classic Hawaiian ukuleles of time gone by.
This is not the first time Maton has produced ukuleles. A series of Maton soprano ukuleles were produced in the 1960s, many of which have become irreplaceable favourites of some of Australia’s best ukulele players. Maton still has some of these instruments and the original necks were the inspiration for the neck on the new concert model.”
- Model: Ukulele Tenor
- Body Shape: Ukulele
- Body Timber: Blackwood/Bunya/Cedar
- Rosette: Maple Ring/Walnut Rings/Black Maple Rings
- Bracing: Std Tenor
- Neck Material: Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Profile: Flat Profile
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Scale Length: 431.8 mm (17”)
- Nut Width: 35 mm
- 14th Fret Width: 42.5mm
- Fingerboard Inlays: 4mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Natural Satin
- Top Finish: Natural Satin
- Machine Heads: Gotoh UK700 1:15
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Plush Line Hardcase
- Pickup: LR Baggs FIVE.0
This is essentially a 2014 Maton Tenor Uke that presents as almost new, but at a way better price. It is unmarked, and while it has been lightly played, there is no evidence of use or wear anywhere to be seen. It could be compared to something new straight out of the box, but is actually a few years old and aclimatized to the real world.
Comes in its form fitting Maton hard case in new condition.