From Maton –
“The Maton ukulele is the result of combining the best of traditional ukulele design with 21st century production techniques. This instrument draws on Maton’s extensive background in the use and fine tuning of Australian tonewoods to produce a tone which is rich, full and intriguing, and which evokes the timeless sounds of the classic Hawaiian ukuleles of time gone by.”
Maton have been building ukuleles since the 1950’s and the company has used this legacy along with their consumate guitar building skills to produce an instrument that not only looks stunning but also sounds superb.
This Maton Concert Ukulele is handcrafted from stunning Australian Blackwood. The neck and headstock are hewn from Queensland Maple and the fingerboard is solid Rosewood.
- Model: Concert Ukulele
- Body Timber: Blackwood/Bunya/Cedar
- Rosette: Maple Ring/Walnut Rings/Black Maple Rings
- Bracing: Standard Concert
- Neck Material: Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Streaky Ebony
- Fingerboard Profile: Flat Profile
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 18
- 12th Fret: Width 43.5mm
- Fingerboard Inlays: 4mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Natural Satin
- Top Finish: Natural Satin
- Machine Heads: Gotoh UK700 1:15
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- B Band pickup
This Maton concert size uke presents in excellent as new condition. There is no sign of player wear, no dings, dents, scratches & no issues. Everything works as it should and the sound is tight and bright, with a powerful projection. It features a quality onboard B Band pickup which amplifies the natural sound of this Blackwood beauty perfectly.
Comes in its form fitting, plush lined Maton case in good condition.