You don’t see many of these – it’s a Keb’ Mo’ Signature Bluesmaster crafted by Gibson Custom Shop in 2012.
One of a limited run of 300, this guitar is built in the tradition of the classic small body Gibsons of the 1920s and ’30s. As a Grammy Award winner, Keb’ Mo’s musical range demands a guitar that is as expressive and versatile as he is. Gibson has made all the right design choices to bring as much sound as possible out of a small bodied guitar.
The Adirondack Red Spruce top brings the Keb’ Mo’ Bluesmaster to life, with a clear note fundamental and full projection. The Mahogany back, sides, and neck all bring sweetness to the midrange and a full sustain to the lower frequencies. The 12th fret neck joint position also adds to the lower registers, giving the guitar a lot more power than one would expect.
* Body - Type L-Series Small Body
* Top - Adirondack Red Spruce Top
* Back and Sides - Mahogany
* Bracing - Traditional L-00 X-Braced Top
* Neck Species - 1-pc Mahogany
* Custom Keb’ Mo’ Neck Profile
* Thickness - 1.805″ at Nut
* Compound Dovetail Neck Joint at 12th Fret
* Fingerboard Species - East Indian Rosewod
* Frets - 19
* Scale Length - 25″
* Radius - 12″
* Inlays - 1/4″ Mother of Pearl Dots
* Nut Material - Bone
* Width - 1.805″
* Headstock Type - Advanced Jumbo Style w/Taper
* Angle - 17 degrees
* Inlay - Mother of Pearl Gibson Logo and Crown
* Tuning Keys Type - Vintage Open Back
* Material -Nickel
* Ratio - 14:1
* Peghole Diameter - 11/32″
* Bridge Type - Traditional Belly Down with Bone Saddle
* Material - East Indian Rosewood
* Pickups Model - L.R. Baggs Element
* Volume Control - Sound Hole Mounted
* Vintage Sunburst Finish with Double Antiquing
* Hand Sprayed Nitrocellulose Lacquer
This Gibson Custom Shop Keb Mo Signature is in very condition. It has been played at home and appreciated by its one owner since new, but well looked after. It shows some minor player wear but nothing offensive.
Some light pick wear on and near the guard, very hard to see. Almost no discernable fret wear, neck is super clean front and back.
Most importantly, because this guitar has been played a lot, it feels really nicely broken in. It’s one of the most comfortable small Gibsons we’ve ever listed. It is light and responsive and plays easily in all positions. And it sounds great - for all styles of music. Also features a great sounding LR Baggs pickup with tiny thumbwheel volume control hidden at the top of the sound hole.
Comes in its fitted Gibson Custom hard case in good condition.