From Fender –
“The standard for gigging guitarists worldwide and the ideal amp for crafting your own signature sound. Working guitarists everywhere prize no-frills Hot Rod amps for their great volume, reliability, responsiveness to effects pedals, and affordability. The Blues Junior is a longtime 15-watt favourite with warm tone ideal for the go-anywhere guitarist who needs to hit the stage or studio at a moment's notice, with great sound and versatile features. It's got the fat mid tones characteristic of EL84 output tubes, warm 12AX7 preamp tube overdrive, real spring Reverb, simple control layout, footswitchable FAT boost, and external speaker capability.”
- single-channel 15-watt all-tube amplifier
- Celestion G12M speaker
- Fender spring reverb (driven by a solid-state op amp)
- Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls
- "Fat" pushbutton switch boosts gain and midrange frequencies in preamp stage
- independent preamp and master gain controls for tube overdrive management
- "chicken head" vintage styled control knobs
- three matched Groove Tubes 12AX7 preamp tubes (graded to Fender's specifications)
- two matched Groove Tubes EL84 power tubes (graded to Fender's specifications)
- fixed power tube bias
- solid-state rectifier
- single 1/4-inch input jack
Fender Blues Jr amps have been super popular since they arrived on the scene in the mid 1990s. This is because they deliver in every way – sparking Fender cleans, thick crunchy tones when pushed a little, and searing lead tone when dialled up. They are affordable and built to last.
In 2010 Fender updated their line of Hot Rod model amps and released the "Blues Junior III," adding many physical changes to the standard black tolex model. This included some finished in lacquered tweed, and some Limited Edition Sparkle Finish models, of which this is one. So not only does it deliver the sonic goods superbly, it is a standout in the visual stakes as well.
Notable differences include the excellent Celestion G12M speaker, which really brings this one to life.
There was also a "sparkle" circuit modification, rattle-reducing shock absorbers, set-screw "chicken head" knobs, "dog bone" handle, larger Fender jewel light, and "Blues Junior" subtext on the logo plate.
This one is very good condition. The grill cloth are in excellent shape, there is no tarnishing of the metal parts, no dings, dents, scratches or any other blemishes. It has been used at home and looked after well.
This is a fab little tube amp. Great for recording, rehearsals, club gigs, or just playing at home, this is the perfect small Fender amp with big classic Fender tone.