From Duesenberg: “Our semi-hollow deluxe guitar is played by many of the top players in the world. The Starplayer-TV features a greatly improved 60s style tremolo and a floating bridge with steel saddles. Our custom-wound DP90 in the neck position gives an authentic blues tone making a versatile combination with the vintage Humbucker in the bridge position.
The distinctive arched spruce top and elegant flamed maple arched back has elevated the DTV to one of the finest guitars in the world. It will remind you of the time when rock & roll was young”.
- Neck Type: Glued In Set Neck
- Neck Wood: 1-Piece Maple
- Nut Width: 42.5mm/1.67″
- 12th Fret Width: 52mm/2.05″
- Neck Thickness: 21mm/0.8″ at 1st Fret, 24mm/0.95″ at 12th Fret
- Shape: D
- FIngerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Radius: 30.5mm/12″
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo (2.8×1.0mm)
- Scale Length: 650mm/25.6″
- Trussrod: Steel Dual-Action
- Headstock: Black Veneer
- Body Type: Semi-Acoustic with Sustain Block, Bent Sides, F-Hole
- Top: Laminated Spruce
- Back/Sides: Laminated Flamed Maple
- SIze: 46x34x7cm/18.11″x13.38″x2.75″
- Body Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Silver Sparkle
- Finish: Polyester
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, “Art Diego” Buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg Steel Saddle Bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola
- Hardware: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Bridge Pickup: Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector
The Starplayer TV is Duesenberg’s bestselling guitar. It has a punchy, robust sound, and its retro lines combined with easy playability make the Starplayer a very versatile instrument.
This is a beautifully built guitar, with looks to match. Since its beginnings in the mid 80s, Duesenberg has become a brand synonymous with quality. They build fabulous looking retro style guitars that you can actually play.
And this one plays really well, with a comfortable neck and it feels strong & balanced. There’s tons of tone and the pickups are perfectly suited to the semi hollow body construction. The proprietary Bigsby style trem stays in tune, and offers other tonal options.
There is some light scratching & minor player wear on the back that can only be seen in a certain angle of light. There are no marks on the lovely silver sparkle top. The metalwork is all clean and untarnished. This guitar has been given a bone nut and an excellent pro setup by respected Sydney guitar tech Steve Cocking. It has been well looked after and presents in excellent condition.
Weight is 8.5 lbs
Comes in its Duesenberg hardshell case in good condition.