The Cole Clark UL1 Ukulele is a Concert size ukulele, handcrafted in Australia & made of solid Tasmanian Blackwood.
All Cole Clark ukuleles comprise their unique “carved to fit” soundboard and backs, as well as the “Spanish” or “Integral Neck” – ie the neck forms a part of the construction as with their “Fat Lady” range of acoustic guitars.
- Body style: Traditional Concert Ukulele
- Construction: Internally carved soundboard and back, integral neck
- Timber: Solid Tasmanian Blackwood
- Binding: None
- Face inlays: Maple pin stripes (outer and rosette)
- Fingerboard & bridge: Solid Tasmanian Blackwood
- Fingerboard inlays: Mother of pearl dots 3mm
- Scale length: 15″
- Overall length: 22″
- Total frets: 17
- Frets to the body: 13
- Nut and Saddle: Graphtech TUSQ
- Tuners: Grover Champion friction pegs
- Strings: Aquila Corde (all Nylgut) Regular Concert
- Finish: Natural satin nitrocellulose
- Bridge pins: Graphtech TUSQ
This Cole Clark UL1 uke has been played professionally for some years and it shows some expected signs of use, including two areas where the lacquer has worn away on the upper and lower bouts near the base of the neck – see pics. And there is some light tarnishing of the metal on the lovely Grover friction tuners. Apart from that, this uke is in fine condition. No other marks, scratches, dents etc, and no structural problems.
Cole Clark ukes are extremely well made, using unique Australian timbers and excellent quality control. This one is super light and comfortable to play, with a bright and punchy tone that will cut through the uke pack every time.
So yes, it shows some player wear, but we think all this just adds to the appeal of a nice Aussie made uke, which has been nicely played for nearly ten years.
Comes as is, without a case.