This is a nice example of one of the best classic Fender amps – the Silverface Fender Vibrolux. It is all valve, point to point wired, in great condition with no issues.
The Vibrolux is rated at 40 watts – it is as loud as you’d ever want, while breaking up at just the right spot. It is pure Fender valve heaven. Many believe the Vibrolux to be similar in tone to the Deluxe Reverb, but it is almost double the power while still being a small combo that is easy to lug.
Model/Circuit Number: AA270
Years of Production: 1968 – 1982
Controls: Silver, forward facing w/ blue labels
Knobs: Black skirted w/ chrome centre, numbered 1 – 10
- Front: Normal: In, In, Bright Sw, Vol, Treb, Bass – Vibrato: In, In, Bright Sw, Vol, Treb, Bass, Rev, Speed, Intensity – Pilot Lamp
- Rear: AC Outlet, Ground Sw, Fuse (2A), Power Sw, Standby Sw, Speaker Jack, Ex. Speaker Jack, Vibrato Jack, Reverb Jack, Reverb Out, Reverb In
- Dimensions: 18½ x 24¾ x 9½”
- Hardware: Medium Chassis Straps 4 5/8”
- Handle: Black Strap Handle
- Feet: Corner Protectors
- Corners: Glides
- Black Tolex
- Grill Cloth: Blue sparkle grille cloth w/ aluminum frame (68-69), w/o aluminum frame (70-80)
Logo: Grillmounted, raised, chrome & black script
Weight: 50 lbs.
- Size: 2 x 10”
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Model: Oxford 10L5 or CTS 10
Effects: Reverb, Tremolo
Power: 35-40 watts
- Pre amp: 7025
- Power: 2 x 6L6GC
Bias: Fixed with Bias Pot.
Cosmetically this one is very good – no rips or tears to the front panel and only a couple of corner scuffs on the black tolex, and some wear on the back. Soundwise it’s an absolute joy – often referred to as “40 watts of whoop-ass”.
This amp has had some work done by Sydney’s Fender amp guru Martin Kell, some years ago. It has not needed anything since, as Martin’s work usually results in an amp working at its best – which is the case here.
The four RCA outlets for Vibrato and Reverb on the back panel have been upgraded to gold sockets. We think the Reverb tank my have also been replaced at some point. But the reverb is deep & rich, and the vibrato is pulsatingly pure – both are working perfectly and sound great. Fender footswitch is not included.
The two original Fender 10” speakers have been replaced by two excellent Jensen C10Q speakers which sound fantastic. This is the export model so it comes with its original 240v transformer.
A sweet sounding Silverface Fender Vibrolux in great condition, ready to rock for another 40 years.