This is the CE 24 (sometimes referred to as the Classic 24) model, which is essentially the well-revered PRS Custom 24 with a bolt on neck.
It features all the expected hallmarks of PRS including the highest quality components, industry leading build quality and attention to detail, resulting in a truly exceptional instrument at an affordable price.
This is really nice Paul Reed Smith CE-24 built in 1999 with a sensational Grey-Black finish on a flamed maple top, quarter sawn one piece maple neck and nickel hardware. If you are looking for a great PRS, but you don’t have $3k – $5k to throw down, this could be the ticket.
Many CE-24s were plain tops, but the top on this one is highly figured. It would probably be a “Ten Top” if it was a set-neck model.
- Model: CE-24
- Color: Grey-Black
- Maple Flamed Top
- Gloss Black Mahogany Body
- One Piece Maple Quartersawn Bolt-On Neck
- Wide/Thin Neck profile
- Rosewood Fretboard with Moon Inlays
- Nickel Hardware
- 25″ Scale Length
- Pickups: PRS Dragon II Bass & Treble Humbuckers
- 1 Volume, 1 Tone and 5-way Rotary Knob Pickup Selector
- PRS Tremolo Bridge ~ Includes trem bar
- PRS Low-Mass Locking Tuners
- Weight is 8.1 lbs
This very nice PRS turns 18 years of age this year, and has been very well cared for. There is definitely some difference in guitars that have been played in, and settled down over a number of years – particularly older PRS models. It is in excellent condition with a few small nicks on the headstock finish, some light buckle rash on the back, and a few low grade marks on the back of the neck. There are absolutely no marks on the beautiful top – not even any pick scuffs. Almost no fretware evident with plenty of life left, and one of the best functioning tremolo systems ever designed.
The neck is one of the best playing necks we’ve ever seen here at PREMIER GUITARS. The action is fast & smooth, and the sound is classic PRS – big and meaty with lots of cut. The 5 way rotary switching also offers many excellent pickup combinations – all very useable.
ROTARY POSITIONS –
- Position 5: Bridge pickup
- Position 4: Outside coils- deep and clear – parallel
- Position 3: Series single coils – Warm version of the “in between the treble and middle pickups”
- Position 2: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the “in between the treble and middle pickups”
- Position 1: Neck pickup
All in all, a great player with looks to match, which has been well looked after and presents in really clean condition.
Comes with original PRS hard shell case.