This is really nice Paul Reed Smith CE-22 built in 1996 with a sensational Emerald Green finish on a very pretty maple flamed top, quarter sawn one piece maple neck and nickel hardware. If you are looking for a great PRS, but you don’t have $3k – $5k ++ to throw down, this could be the ticket.
Many CE-22s were plain tops, and came standard with pearloid dot (“moon”) fingerboard inlays. This one was probably a special order in that it features the iconic PRS birds on the fingerboard, and the top is highly figured. I would probably be a “Ten Top” if it was a set-neck model.
- Model: CE-22
- Color: Emerald Green
- Maple Flamed Top
- Mahogany Body
- Flamed Maple Bolt-On Neck
- Wide/Thin Neck profile
- Rosewood Fretboard with “Bird” Inlays
- Nickel Hardware
- 25″ Scale Length
- Pickups: PRS Dragon II Bass & Treble Humbuckers
- 1 Volume, 1 Tone and 5-way Rotary Knob Pickup Selector
- PRS Tremolo Bridge ~ Includes trem bar
- PRS Low-Mass Locking Tuners
- Weight is 8.7 lbs
This very nice PRS turns 20 this year, and it has been very well cared for. It is in excellent condition with only some light surface scratches on the back, and a few low grade impressions near the selector switch on top. Minimal fretware with plenty of life left, and one of the best functioning tremolo systems ever designed.
The neck is one of the best playing necks we’ve ever here at PREMIER GUITARS. The action is fast & smooth, and the sound is classic PRS – big and meaty with lots of cut. The 5 way rotary switching also offers many excellent pickup combinations – all very useable.
ROTARY POSITIONS –
- Position 10: Treble pickup
- Position 9: Outside coils- deep and clear – parallel
- Position 8: Series single coils – Warm version of the “in between the treble and middle pickups”
- Position 7: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the “in between the treble and middle pickups”
- Position 6: Bass pickup
All in all, a great player with looks to match, which has been well looked after and presents in really clean condition.
Comes with original PRS hard shell case