From Maton –
“The Maton ukulele is the result of combining the best of traditional ukulele design with 21st century production techniques.
This instrument draws on Maton’s extensive background in the use and fine tuning of Australian tonewoods to produce a tone which is rich, full and intriguing, and which evokes the timeless sounds of the classic Hawaiian ukuleles of time gone by.
The LR Baggs FIVE.O Pickup is small, light-weight – and best of all, specifically engineered to track the uke’s unmistakably unique voice.
The pickup system combines a custom Maton version of our award winning Element pickup, a soundhole mounted volume control and a miniature endpin preamp powered by a 3V battery.
The radically miniaturized design means that the complete system weighs less than a 9V battery and tucks away neatly inside of the small instrument for a non-invasive installation.”
- Model: Ukulele Tenor
- Body Shape: Ukulele
- Body Timber: Blackwood/Bunya/Cedar
- Rosette: Maple Ring/Walnut Rings/Black Maple Rings
- Bracing: Std Tenor
- Neck Material: Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Profile: Flat Profile
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 19
- Scale Length: 431.8mm (17”)
- Nut Width: 35mm
- 14th Fret: Width 45.2mm
- Soundhole Diameter: 66mm (2.598″)
- Fingerboard Inlays: 4mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Natural Satin
- Top Finish: Natural Satin
- Machine Heads: Gotoh UK700 1:15
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Plush Line Hardcase
- Pickup: LR Baggs system
This is essentially a 2018 Maton Tenor Uke that presents as brand new, but at a way better price. It is unmarked, and while it has been lightly played, there is no evidence of use or wear anywhere to be seen. It could be compared to something new straight out of the box, but is actually a couple of years old and acclimatized to the real world.
The Baggs pickup is a beauty, and has a small thumbwheel volume control hidden discretely in the soundhole. Sounds great.
Comes in its form fitting Maton hard case in new condition.