From Maton – “Built for the rigors of the road. All solid construction with Queensland Maple back and sides with an A gradesSitka spruce top, Queensland maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and bridge. The SRS 60C comes with the AP5-Pickup System, which has become the benchmark for live acoustic sound over the last decade.”
- Model: SRS 60C
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Face: “A” Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Queensland Maple
- Neck: Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Sapele Ring
- Soundhole: 100mm
- Bracing: Maton Scalloped X
- Inner Binding: None
- Outer Binding: Black
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5″)
- Headstock Veneer: Standard w/ 2mm Sapele Veneer
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12″)
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736″ – 1 47/64″)
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165″ – 2 11/64″)
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Natural Satin
- Top Finish: Natural Satin
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black with Gold M
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5 Original
The SRS 60C is one of Maton’s best selling acoustic / electric guitars, and they certainly got it right with this one. All solid wood construction – spruce top, maple back and sides, plus Maton’s newest bracing system. It all adds up to a punchy and fat sounding guitar. Comes with the very good AP5 pickup system, cutaway, and Maton hard case.
This Maton SRS 60C is in good condition, but it HAS been played. It has some marks on the top, a bit of buckle wear on the back, and some scratches on the pickguard. But hey, it’s been played, so it’s played in, and feels just fine.
Actually there are no cosmetic impediments apparent to the naked eye from a reasonable distance, but if you get out the magnifying glass, well yes, you can see some evidence of player wear. But nothing offensive.
This Maton SRS is a solid thing – in both sound & construction. You could take this out on the road for years, plug it in to just about any sound system & it will be just fine, and reward you for your faith in its reliability.
Almost no fret wear, no problems with tuning or intonation. It is a mighty road warrior with many miles left on the clock. You just have to be a lefty to fully appreciate it.
Comes in its original Maton hard case in OK condition.
Video demo (from another store) here – https://youtu.be/ujbllDP49Nk