From Maton – “To a guitar maker some guitars from some eras stand out as classics and this is certainly true of the Maton CW80 from the mid 70s to the mid 80s.
As time passes guitar player’s requirements change as do the availability of materials and so, like many long running models (the CW80 first appeared in 1967) the CW80 moved away from the 70s design to become the iconic instrument it is today. But there is still something special about those 70s CW80s so the experienced team at Maton decided to revisit the old guitars and see what we could learn from them.”
- Model: The Heritage ECW80c
- Body Shape: Dreadnought W/Cutaway
- Soundboard: “AA” Grade Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Herringbone
- Back & Sides Material: Solid Sapele Mahogany
- Soundhole Diameter: 100mm
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Outer Binding: White
- Inner Binding: Triple Pin Stripe
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Headstock Veneer: Rosewood
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12″)
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736″ – 1 47/64″)
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165″ – 2 11/64″)
- Fingerboard Inlays: 7mm Pearl Dots
- Top Finish: Satin/Natural
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
This ECW 80 has been played a lot, and it wears its scars proudly. A working guitar for its one owner who purchased it new in 1997. It has some dings, dents, scratches and buckle rash expected in a 22 year old guitar that has been well used.
However, structurally this one is fine. The neck is straight and adjusted to a medium low action. Truss rod works fine, as do the Maton closed back tuners. The adjustable bridge is in good shape and not cut too low.
This nice 90s Maton appears to be in original condition, with no changes or modifications. And remarkably, the frets appear relatively unmarked, so there’s years of fret life left. And it plays well in all positions.
A good old road warrior with lots of mile left to go.
Comes in its original hard case in good condition.