From Martin –
“The stylish design of the 40 Series adds panache to the classic tone and feel of East Indian rosewood back and sides, a Sitka spruce scalloped X-braced top, and hand-fit dovetail neck joint. Open geared tuners, antique white binding, polished gloss finish, a tortoise coloured pickguard and abalone pearl inlay offer shimmer with exemplary tone. Long scale and a sleek modified low-oval neck with narrow taper mean strumming and picking for hours in comfort and bliss. An absolute treat for the eyes and ears. “
Specs from Martin –
- Sitka spruce top with scalloped Sitka spruce 1/4″ X bracing
- Abalone with multi-stripe rosette
- Antique white top binding with abalone/multi-stripe inlay
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides
- Style 45 back purfling
- Multi-stripe back and side inlays
- Antique white endpiece with multi-stripe inlay
- Select mahogany Modified Low Oval neck with High Performance taper and gloss finish
- Dovetail 14th-fret neck joint; antique white with multi-stripe heelcap
- 25.4″ scale length
- East Indian rosewood headplate with antique-white/multi-stripe binding and block inlay logo
- Ebony fingerboard with 20 Plek’d frets
- Antique white with multi-stripe binding
- Abalone Style 45 Snowflake inlays
- 1.75″-wide bone nu
- Ebony Modern Belly bridge with drop-in Compensated Bone saddle
- Faux tortoise pickguard
- Gold open-gear tuning machines with Butterbean knobs
- Gloss finish on top, back, and sides
- Vintage-inspired ageing toner applied to top
The tone of solid spruce and genuine rosewood has become something of a legend in the world of acoustic instruments. The Martin OM-42 proudly features this classic pairing that results in its exquisite sound. Crisp clear highs blend wonderfully with the warm low end producing stellar sustain and robust projection. And the beautiful ebony fingerboard feels immediately playable and delivers a great dynamic feel.
This particular 0M-42 is now nineteen years old and it’s been played in, so it has opened up really well – a rich, full sounding instrument in an OM size package. Naturally this thing sounds great recorded – just point a good quality mic at it and press go. No need to fight the EQ battles often presented by some big bodied guitars.
It has a few very small impressions on the top but very hard to see, but the back & sides appear unmarked. The neck is clean and straight, frets are fine and everything is structurally 100%.
A stunning looking instrument with great playability & sound to match.
Comes in its original Martin hard shell case in new condition.