This is a beautiful example of one of the best classic Fender amps – the Silverface Fender Vibrolux. It is all valve, point to point wired, in original condition with no issues. Cosmetically it is perfect – no rips or tears to the front panel or black tolex. Soundwise it’s an absolute joy – often referred to as “40 watts of whoop-ass”.
Everything is original, including the two original Fender / CTS 10” speakers which sound fantastic. The entire amp is in excellent condition with no tears to the tolex or original grill cloth. This is the export model so it comes with its original 240v transformer.
The Vibrolux is rated at 40 watts – it is as loud as you’d ever want, while breaking up at just the right spot. It is pure Fender valve heaven. Many believe the Vibrolux to be similar in tone to the Deluxe Reverb, but it is almost double the power while still being a small combo that is easy to lug.
Reverb is deep & rich, and the vibrato is pulsatingly pure – both are working perfectly and sound great. Original Fender footswitch is included.
Speaker codes denote 1980, while the chassis code indicates 7th week of 1981. The push/pull volume boost is intact, but in our opinion should probably never be used – the unboosted input of Channel 2 is perfect as it is.
Includes black protecting cover in great condition.
Model/Circuit Number: AA270
Years of Production: 1968 – 1982
Controls: Silver, forward facing w/ blue labels
Knobs: Black skirted w/ chrome center, numbered 1 – 10
- Front: Normal: In, In, Bright Sw, Vol, Treb, Bass – Vibrato: In, In, Bright Sw, Vol, Treb, Bass, Rev, Speed, Intensity – Pilot Lamp
- Rear: AC Outlet, Ground Sw, Fuse (2A), Power Sw, Standby Sw, Speaker Jack, Ex. Speaker Jack, Vibrato Jack, Reverb Jack, Reverb Out, Reverb In
- Dimensions: 18½ x 24¾ x 9½”
- Hardware: Medium Chassis Straps 4 5/8”
- Handle: Black Strap Handle
- Feet: Corner Protectors
- Corners: Glides
Covering Material –
- Black Tolex
- Grill Cloth: Blue sparkle grille cloth w/ aluminum frame (68-69), w/o aluminum frame (70-80)
Logo: Grillmounted, raised, chrome & black script
Weight: 50 lbs.
- Size: 2 x 10”
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Model: Oxford 10L5 or CTS 10
Effects: Reverb, Tremolo
Power: 35-40 watts
- Pre amp: 7025
- Power: 2 x 6L6GC
Bias: Fixed with Bias Pot.
An excellent late era Silverface Vibrolux in perfect original condition.