From Fender –
“Few rock bassists are as closely identified with fretless bass as Tony Franklin. Acclaimed for his innumerable session credits and work with Roy Harper, the Firm, Blue Murder, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and others, Franklin is a devoted and longtime Precision artist and one of the finest modern exponents of the fretless version of the instrument. The Tony Franklin Fretless Precision Bass delivers his style and powerful elastic tone in a model with classic looks and personalised Franklin features including two specially voiced pickups, a drop-D E-string tuner and more.”
Like the man who designed it, the Tony Franklin Fretless Precision Bass guitar takes a classic instrument to a new level, with an alder body and modern C-shaped maple neck with an unfinished and unfretted ebony fingerboard with side dot position markers. Other features include vintage tuners, three-way pickguard switch that controls an American Series Precision Bass neck pickup and a Tony Franklin signature Jazz Bass bridge pickup with hex-screw lugs and ceramic bar magnets.
- Nut Width : 1.625″ 41 mm
- Truss Rod Wrench : 3/16″ “T-Style” Ball-End Hex Allen Wrench
- Truss Rod Nut : 3/16″ Hex Adjustment
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench : 3/32″ Hex Allen Neck Tilt Adjust Wrench
- Scale Length : 34″ 864 mm
- Pickup Switching : 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Jazz Bass Pickup. Position 2. Jazz Bass and Precision Bass Pickups. Position 3. Precision Bass Pickup
- Neck Plate : 4-Bolt with Artist Signature
- Fingerboard Radius : 9″ 241 mm
- Bridge : American Vintage 70s Bass with Single Groove Saddles
- Fretboard : Ebony
- Number of Frets : Fretless
- Control Knobs : Knurled Chrome
- Neck Material : Maple
- Controls : Master Volume, Master Tone
- Neck Shape : Modern “C”
- Hardware : Nickel/Chrome
- Body Shape : Precision Bass
- Pickup Configuration : S/S
- Nut Material : Synthetic Bone
- Middle Pickup : Tony Franklin American Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Bridge Pickup : Tony Franklin Single-Coil Jazz Bass with Hex Screw Pole Pieces and Ceramic Bar Magnets
- Tuning Machines : Vintage 70s “Fender” Stamped Open-Gear with Hipshot Bass X-Tender Drop D
- Strap Buttons : Vintage Style Strap Buttons
- Unique Features : Unlined Fretless Ebony Fingerboard, Precision Bass and Jazz Bass Pickups, 3-Way Pickup Switching, Matte Finish Pickup Covers, Tony Franklin Engraved Neck Plate, Hipshot Bass X-Tender Drop D Tuning Key on the E String, Vintage Styling, Side Dot Position Markers are Located at the Fretting Points of the Fingerboard
This is a fabulous fretless P Bass in excellent, pretty much as new condition. It has been lightly played and well looked after for the duration of its 10+ year existence. There are no dings, dents, abrasions or sign of any player wear apparent on this guitar.
It plays beautifully, with a palette of tonal selections available via the unique pickup and control configurations. This a seriously well designed instrument that delivers in every way for the player who wants the freedom of expression that only a fretless bass delivers.
Comes in its original Fender hard shell case in excellent condition.