This is a unique players’ vintage Custom Telecaster, equal parts mojo and mystery. It features an early seventies Fender neck with original tuners paired with a relic’d MJT Tele Custom body in Lake Placid Blue.
Here’s what we know –
- The Fender neck dates to ’72 and sports a medium C profile.
- The body is an MJT (Mark Jenny) custom ordered direct from USA, who provided the nitro finish and heavy relic treatment you can see in the pics. MJT is a very well regarded American custom parts manufacturer specialising in aged 100% thin nitro lacquer finishes. MJT link – http://mjtagedfinishes.com
- The pickups are handwound by Jaime Campbell at the Creamery in Manchester, England. They are based on the original Seth Lover designed Fender Wide Range Humbuckers from the early – mid 1970s.
- Neck plate is a Fender replica.
- It has a beautiful soldering job with NOS capacitor, high quality new pots & 3 way switch on a period correct repro guard.
- The bridge is a vintage Fender Tele bridge cut down to accommodate the humbucking pickup.
- Weight is 7.1 lbs
This player’s guitar takes the best features of a number of classic Tele designs and combines them in a unique package that feels & sounds fantastic, and is built to play. The double bound body is pure Custom Tele, while the two wide range humbuckers are a feature of the classic mid 70 Telecaster Deluxe.
Though it’s a combination of vintage original, replacement, and replica parts, it all adds up to a truly great guitar which plays beautifully and sounds great.
You could opt for a modern relic or roadworn guitar, but this neck has the feel of a 45+ year old instrument, the pickups are accurate replicas of Fender’s Seth Lover humbuckers, the bridge is genuine vintage, and the vibe is definitely old school classic Fender.
Comes in a quality Hiscox hard case in new condition.