From Fender –
“The standard for gigging guitarists worldwide and the ideal amp for crafting your own signature sound. Working guitarists everywhere prize no-frills Hot Rod amps for their great volume, reliability, responsiveness to effects pedals, and affordability. The Blues Junior is a longtime 15-watt favourite with warm tone ideal for the go-anywhere guitarist who needs to hit the stage or studio at a moment’s notice, with great sound and versatile features. It’s got the fat mid tones characteristic of EL84 output tubes, warm 12AX7 preamp tube overdrive, real spring Reverb, simple control layout, footswitchable FAT boost, and external speaker capability.”
Fender’s Blues Junior amp has been a favourite with guitarists since its inception in 1990. And this one dates to 1991, so it is one of the early Made In USA models, which is verified by the panel on its backplate.
- single-channel 15-watt all-tube amplifier
- one 12-inch, 50-watt, 8-ohm driver Model varies with edition
- Fender spring reverb (driven by a solid-state opamp)
- Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls
- “Fat” pushbutton switch boosts gain and midrange frequencies in preamp stage
- independent preamp and master gain controls for tube overdrive management
- “chicken head” vintage styled control knobs
- three matched Groove Tubes 12AX7 preamp tubes (graded to Fender’s specifications)
- two matched Groove Tubes EL84 power tubes (graded to Fender’s specifications)
- fixed power tube bias
- solid-state rectifier
- single 1/4-inch input jack
This one is very good condition. Some light tarnishing of the metal top panel is apparent. But apart from that, not much wear is visible. The tolex & grill cloth are in excellent shape.
Its power transformer is a top quality Mercury Magnetics 240v unit so no stepdown transformer required.
It has had its speaker upgraded to a fine sounding Cannabis Rex 12” made by Eminence USA.
A big extra with this Blues Jr is the inclusion of a Fender branded extension speaker cabinet housing another Eminence Cannabis Rex 12”. And wow, does it beef up the sound ???? Why yes, most significantly.
If 15 watts with 1 x 12” isn’t quite enough to be heard in your band, then the addition of this cab is the remedy for that. Besides adding extra volume, it provides some thick, deep, resonance not otherwise accomplished with a single speaker.
This cab is in unmarked, as new condition and it comes with a quality fitted CoverIt soft cover.
And the Blues Jr amp itself comes with its custom made Nova Forge road case in excellent condition.
This is a fab little tube amp. We have used it here at PREMIER GUITARS for some video demos shot in our showroom. Great for recording, rehearsals, club gigs, or just playing at home, this is the perfect small Fender amp with big classic Fender tone.
The addition of the extension cab and roadcase makes this a killer on-the-road gig rig.