From Fender –
“The standard for gigging guitarists worldwide and the ideal amp for crafting your own signature sound. Working guitarists everywhere prize no-frills Hot Rod amps for their great volume, reliability, responsiveness to effects pedals, and affordability. The Blues Junior III is a longtime 15-watt favorite with warm tone ideal for the go-anywhere guitarist who needs to hit the stage or studio at a moment’s notice, with great sound and versatile features. It’s got the fat mid tones characteristic of EL84 output tubes, warm 12AX7 preamp tube overdrive, real spring Reverb, simple control layout, footswitchable FAT boost, and external speaker capability.”
- single-channel 15-watt all-tube amplifier
- one 12-inch, 50-watt, 8-ohm driver Model varies with edition
- Fender spring reverb (driven by a solid-state opamp)
- Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls
- “Fat” pushbutton switch boosts gain and midrange frequencies in preamp stage
- independent preamp and master gain controls for tube overdrive management
- “chicken head” vintage styled control knobs
- three matched Groove Tubes 12AX7 preamp tubes (graded to Fender’s specifications)
- two matched Groove Tubes EL84 power tubes (graded to Fender’s specifications)
- fixed power tube bias
- solid-state rectifier
- single 1/4-inch input jack
This one is very good condition. Some light tarnishing of the metal top panel is apparent, but apart from that, not much wear is visible.
And it has a couple of nice upgrades:
- a great sounding Weber Feromax 12” speaker.
- an added Presence control which can be switched in or out of circuit. It actually adds a nice, musical sparkle to the top end.
It has been serviced by noted Sydney amp guru Martin Kell, so everything is working as well as
This is a fab little tube amp. We have used it here at PREMIER GUITARS for some video demos shot in our showroom. Great for recording, rehearsals, small club gigs, or just playing at home, this is the perfect small Fender amp with big classic Fender tone.
Video Demo here – https://youtu.be/AuPpj7k8r7Y