The Collings OM2H Cutaway is an incredibly versatile guitar, popular among fingerstyle players, strummers, and flatpickers alike, its playability is equalled by its killer tone. Crisp highs, balanced mids, and rich lows abound in this cutaway OM, as well as many unparalleled appointments – a high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish; grained Ivoroid binding and strip rosette; Herringbone top trim and matching 2-style backstrip; a tortoise-style celluloid pickguard; a bone nut and saddle; and Abalone diamond and square inlays.
- Orchestra Model size with Venetian cutaway, high gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish and grained Ivoroid binding
- Pre-War Scalloped Adirondack bracing with no tongue brace
- Select Sitka Spruce top with Herringbone trim, Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard and cross-cut grained Ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides with 2-style backstrip
- 3 3/4″ body depth
- 25 1/2″ scale length
- Mahogany neck with Modified V profile
- Ebony fingerboard with 14″-26″ compound radius, 20 Medium 18% nickel-silver frets, and Abalone diamond and square inlays
- 1 3/4″ nut width, Bone
- Drop-In Bone saddle with 2 3/16″ string spacing
- Ebony Belly-style bridge
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
Collings have been building high end guitars in Austin Texas since 1989, delivering a product to rival the Custom Shop division of any of the big brands. Players include Lyle Lovett, Bill Frisell, Charlie Sexton, David Bromberg, Nels Cline, Keith Urban, Pete Townshend, Ray Lamontagne, Rodney Crowell, Guthrie Trapp and more.
Impeccable build quality, the finest materials, & serious attention to detail all add up to some of the very best instruments on the market today.
This one has been owned and played by a professional performer for many years. It shows in the pickwear on the top near the guard, a few lumps & bumps on the back of the neck, and very light wear on the first few frets.
But the back and sides are very clean, and in general this guitar presents in excellent condition. The fact that it’s been played a lot is usually the sign of a great guitar – and this one is certainly that.
It features a topline B band pickup system with bass, middle, treble, presence controls & tuner. It is a high quality piece of gear that sounds great through any decent system.
Comes in a Hiscox Liteflite Pro II hard case in good condition.