The Martin D-18 is a staple in American music history. For decades it has been a top choice for folk, country, blues, bluegrass and rock artists. The D-18 offers the classic Martin guitar experience with a full dreadnought body, a 14-fret design, and outstanding tonality to match its looks. Its solid sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides provide the foundation for beautifully balanced sound with excellent projection.
The classic D-18 sound takes you back to the days when acoustic guitars were king, and players depended upon rich tone and acoustic projection alone to convey their songs. And this is a lefty – a very hard to find classic Martin D-18L in excellent condition.
Features Model D-18L
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 14 Fret Dreadnought
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 18
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Binding: Black Color
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile w/ Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil
- Heelcap: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4”
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4”
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8”
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18 Pearloid Dot
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Rosewood
- Saddle: 16” Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Martin Closed back Tuners
- Bridge & End Pins: Black
- Pickguard: Black Color
This one was bought new 1994 and has been well loved, and well looked after. Hardly a mark on it. No dings or buckle rash etc on top, back or neck. Some light plectrum marking on pickguard, and a few small scuffs on the back – difficult to see unless in angled light. Almost no fret wear.
This is a one-owner guitar in fine condition. It has been played-in, and the sound has matured into that lovely, well balanced Martin tone.
A true acoustic classic in fine condition – now 22 years old & will only improve with age.
Comes in its original Martin moulded hard shell case in excellent condition.
Here’s a link to a video on Martin’s Flagship Models. The D-18 is featured at 4m15sec – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBx2AMg4pkU&feature=youtu.be